Currently on the lookout for a: VIDEO PRODUCTION SPECIALIST
Do you like helping people? Do you work in video production and want a more regular gig? Are you the go-to video/computer support person for everyone you know?
At Support Partners, our team have an innate desire to understand and improve. Whether this is in terms of an edit process, a technical hiccup or a creative issue, our initial instinct is to understand the people it is affecting and to find the right solutions for them. We are looking for a new team member to work on-site at a world-recognised broadcasting company in Bristol.
As a Video Production Specialist, you will be an excellent communicator who is confident and empathetic with a varied video production background. Whether your experience lies in camerawork or editing, you will be ready to learn, understand and advise in a role based within our client’s in-house post production environment.
An excellent grasp on communication will be key for this role, with much of your daily commitment dedicated to interacting with the production teams and giving them support. This may be in terms of talking through a particular issue to gain a common understanding, working out creative and imaginative solutions, through to advising television productions on choices of cameras and editing platforms in order to find the most efficient workflow.
You will help define and refine the client’s technical and operational processes end-to-end: from the choice of dozens of HD and UHD cameras and codecs, through the code and scripts that interconnect all systems, to supporting time-critical broadcast file delivery. Whether you are helping editors use Adobe Creative Cloud tools, developing the customised Media Asset Management and ingest system, optimising existing processes to continuously improve production efficiency or overseeing knowledge transfer to the client, this is a pivotal role that will see you promote great communication, collaboration and high quality standards within an international broadcaster.
We are looking for a positive and creative team member, who is always looking to understand and help others whilst pushing boundaries to explore new ideas and techniques.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Meeting productions to discuss their needs and processes;
- Negotiating priorities among varying teams of people;
- Optimising operational processes;
- Planning, coordinating and overseeing technical post production tasks;
- Methodical, technical problem solving;
- Project management.
Key Requirements and Skills Include:
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate technical information simply and help people make the best decisions for their unique and complicated situations;
- An energetic and organised approach;
- A desire to understand, empathise and advise creative users;
- An enthusiasm for collaboration and knowledge sharing across a global team;
- The ability to calmly prioritise tasks and reassuringly manage expectations;
- A methodical approach to problem-solving and change;
- The drive to learn and expand your professional skills.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Salary: On application
Want to join us but this job isn’t quite the right fit for you? Email us anyway! We’re always looking to hear from anyone who wants to join the Support Partners’ team!